December 16th, 2020 2:00 PM
For nature-based solutions like landscape restoration to deliver on their potentially massive climate impact, we must mobilize substantial annual investment from all sources – including the private sector. This would require catalyzing markets to restore forests and rewarding countries that make progress.
To attract the magnitude of private sector investment needed, there is a need to build regulated (and scalable) carbon markets and develop investor confidence in their integrity. Join Initiative 20x20 to discuss a proposed option to build this kind of transparent and efficient carbon market.
Mary Grady, International Director of the Architecture for REDD+ Transactions (ART), will deliver the keynote.
- Walter Vergara, Initiative 20x20 Coordinator, WRI
- Frances Seymour, Distinguished Senior Fellow, WRI
- Mary Grady, International Director of ART
- Juan Andrés López Silva, Director of CARBO Sostenible and Founding Member of ASOCARBONO
- Juan Carlos Aybar, Senior Project Manager, Nature-Based Solutions, TOTAL
- Charlotte Streck, Director, Climate Focus
This event will be conducted in English. More details can be found in the preliminary agenda.
Don't miss it - register here!