August 22nd, 2019 8:30 AM
Centro de Estudios Científicos
The event has the objective of facilitating the flow of information and discussion on investment opportunities in landscape restoration in Chile. Companies, investment accelerators and project developers will share opportunities and discuss strategies to unlock private investment.
- Initiative 20x20 country focal points
- Private impact investors/companies
- Selected project promoters/Landowners
- Initiative 20x20 technical partners
- Smallholder/community representatives
- Customers of manufactured goods
- Corporate customers
- Present government policy instruments that facilitate investments in restoration in Chile
- Outline concrete opportunities for investment that align with the objectives of potential projects and private impact investors
- Facilitate the flow of information on investment opportunities in restoration in the country and identify the project promoters who are structuring these projects
- Promote a dialog between public authorities and the private sector to scale up restoration in Cile
- Present organizations promoting native forest improvement and climate change mitigation
The roundtable is a COP 25-sponsored event organized as part of Initiative 20x20 and supported by Chile's Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Environment. WRI as the secretariat of Initiative 20x20 will host the event in coordination with the Investments Promotion Corporation CORFO, The National Forest Corporation (CONAF), the Forest Research Institute INFOR and the National Restoration Council. The role of these institutions is to facilitate dialog between interested actors. This event will be part of the Forest Small and Medium Enterprises Annual Meeting (EPYMA). During EPYMA a series of events will be organized including: (1) a business roundtable; (2) an investment roundtable in landscape restoration; and (3) a showcase of investment opportunities in ecosystem services.
For a detailed agenda, click here.