November 5th, 2021 6:00 AM
University of Glasgow | Online
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
An open discussion between ministers and CEOs of impact investment firms on the strategies, opportunities and challenges on using Nature Based Solutions for climate mitigation and adaptation in Latin America. The discussion will center on current strategies in the region that highlight the role of land based actions in mitigation and adaptation. Examples of activities, their cost effectiveness and co-benefits will be discussed. This event is organized by Initiative 20x20, an alliance of 18 countries launched at COP 20 that aims to protect and restore 50 million hectares of the region’s ecosystems. It will take place during the Global Landscapes Forum Climate.
This event will take place in person at the University of Glasgow and will be streamed online via the Global Landscapes Forum. If you would like to attend in person, contact us.
To watch this event, register for the GLF conference here.
- Minister of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica: Andrea Meza
- Minister of Spatial Planning and Environment of Suriname: Silvano Tjong-Ahin
- Minister of Environment of Peru: Ruben Ramirez
- CEO of Mirova Natural Capital: Vincent Gradt
- CEO, Permian Global: Stephen Rumsey
- Carbon Asset Manager, HSBC Pollination Climate Asset Management: Caroline Van Tilborg
- President and CEO, World Resources Institute: Ani Dasgupta
- Moderator: Walter Vergara, Coordinator, Initiative 20x20