The task force on best practices seeks to provide technical advice to governments and private sector partners on landscape restoration by developing guides and tools. This task force contributes to building sustainable restoration strategies at the landscape level, identifying best management practices for restoration and establishing criteria and indicators.
The task force on best practices conducts research aimed at providing answers to the following questions:
- What is the common framework for landscape restoration under Initiative 20x20?
- What are the minimum elements needed to consider a landscape sustainable and healthy?
- How can Initiative 20x20 partners advise member countries on the many complex types of degradation?
- What best management practices need to be considered when implementing restoration strategies in a landscape?
- What restoration strategies are the most appropriate to implement for different baseline conditions?
- How can we identify restoration opportunities in the landscape that has multiple land use types?
- Adriana Vidal (IUCN)
- Alejandro Carrillo (Pasticultores del Desierto)
- Ana Carolina Borda (IICA Colombia)
- Andrew Miccolis (ICRAF)
- Annie Julissa Escobedo Grandez (Conservation Strategy Fund)
- Cesar Sabogal (Consultant)
- Cintia Valverde Rodríguez (Fucore)
- Cristina Katto (CIAT)
- Daniel Blanco (Wetlands International)
- David Morales (FAO Panamá)
- Edith Condori (WWF)
- Geovana Rocabado (ICRAF)
- Janelle Sylvester (Rainforest Partnership)
- Johana Avila Vargas (Fucore)
- Jonathan Cornelius (ICRAF)
- Karina Salas (WWF)
- Lily O. Rodriguez (CIMA)
- Mariana Martinez (Reforestamos A.C.)
- Marisa Young (Fundacion Agreste)
- Michael Metz (OroVerde)
- Miguel Cifuentes (CATIE)
- Monica Lozano Luque (RARE)
- Octavia Bermudez (Pasticutores del Desierto)
- Percy Recavarren Estares (AIDER)
- Rachel Atkinson (Biodiversity International)
- Ronaldo Calvo Aguilar (Fucore)
- Rudy Bautista (Fundacion Defensores de la Naturaleza)
- Ruth Metzel (Conservation International)
- Sandra Brenes Aguila (Fucore)
- Sylvia Mayta D’Ugard (AIDER)
- Vicente Martinez (Mesa Nacional de Restauración de Guatemala)
Roger Villalobos, Professor and Researcher, Forest Department, CATIE, email@example.com
René Zamora Cristales, Research Coordinator for Initiative 20x20, WRI, firstname.lastname@example.org