Nov 17, 2022 at 1:30pm EET | 6:30am EST, Bogotá | 5:30am Guatemala | 8:30am Santiago de Chile
Receive a link to the livestream: register here
Join in-person: register here
One way for governments to restore more land? Paying people to grow trees! Many national policies are leading the way in Latin America and the Caribbean, where 18 countries in the region are uniting under Initiative 20x20 to restore over 50 million hectares of land by 2030.
Join in person at the COP27 BENELUX-EIB Pavilion or register for the livestream to hear about public restoration programs in Belize, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, and Peru. Panelists will share their challenges and new innovations in this field as they design policies to support restoration implementation, meet NDCs, and build climate resilience nationwide.
While this event will take place in English, recordings with interpretation will be sent out afterwards. You can sign up to receive the recordings in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Colin Young, CEO, Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
- Pina Gervassi, Climate Change Director, FSC International
- Clara Solano, CEO, Fundación Natura
- Juan Fernando Patiño Díez, Sustainability Specialist, Conexión Jaguar
- André Weidenhaupt, Ministry of Climate Change, Luxembourg
- René Zamora Cristales, Initiative 20x20 Coordinator and Senior Restoration Policy Manager, World Resources Institute